Transmission Trouble

Discussion of the 5.7L-6.1L-6.4L HEMIs.

Moderator: scottm

Ritterkreuz

Transmission Trouble

Post by Ritterkreuz »

Did you know that when its cold, the Transmissions in the Rams have problems?

Yesterday morning when I first started out the truck made a whining noise and wouldn't shift. I immediatly pulled over, popped the hood, see nothing out of the ordinary, slam the hood, get in. It makes the whine for about another 20 feet then suddenly it runs normal. Didn't bother again for the rest of the day. This morning it does the same thing, only this time I couldn't pull over right away. The damn thing would not shift above second gear. Finally I get to a mall parking lot, and pull in, again I stop. Again when I start again, the problem is gone.

I call the service department at Koch Dodge (where I got the truck from) and the service rep tells me, "Oh yeah, Chryslers is aware of that problem and is working on a fix, in the meantime keep an eye on it, it should only do it when its cold." Now the funny thing is it only started yesterday. Now I live in Upstate NY and as many of you may be aware, although its been cooler the past couple of days, its been nothing like what it was like in late February Early march, but then the truck was fine.

So, any of the rest of you experience anything like this? I'm kinda pissed cause I just got this truck in February.
NASCAR Nextel Cup, the Greatest Sport Ever.
2004 Ram 4x4 1500 Quad Cab
5.7L Hemi, Sport Appearance package
fmdog44

Trans trouble

Post by fmdog44 »

Ask your dealer aout Service Bulletin 03014. This addresses the power control module (transmission) it could be related to your problem
Ritterkreuz

Post by Ritterkreuz »

Again, when I talked to him he said Chrysler was aware of the problem and was working on a fix. I'll give him a call later about that bullitin though.
NASCAR Nextel Cup, the Greatest Sport Ever.
2004 Ram 4x4 1500 Quad Cab
5.7L Hemi, Sport Appearance package
roadbyte

Transmission

Post by roadbyte »

My new Hemi 2004 will not engage reserve the first thing in the morning, I have to put it in drive than park than back to reserve for it to take. After the truck warms up the problem goes away.

It's at the dealer for repairs with only 1800 miles on it
2003 QC DRW HO 6SP 3:73 Silver Born on Date 03/07/03