Questions on 354 DODGE

Help with decoding your Hemi engine.

Moderators: scottm, TrWaters, 392heminut

RED_RAM_1934

Questions on 354 DODGE

Post by RED_RAM_1934 »

I just bought what registers as a 354 dodge truck HEMI. I have heard that one of the distinctive features of the 354 HEMI's were that they had water jackets in the heads. My 354 does not. I do not have any history on the engine, and I'm not sure if the heads had been replaced at some point. The serial # for my HEMI is L8-D7-1384. If anyone can identify my motor and can give me some info on it I would greatly appreciate it.
TrWaters

Post by TrWaters »

Yes, It is a 354. The 354 (or any) truck heads do not have water outlets on the end of the heads.
Early hemi to late sb Mopar trans adapters. Precision billet parts for early hemis.
RED_RAM_1934

Post by RED_RAM_1934 »

Is there anything else that I could find out about my engine with this serial #. I have heard talk about industrial hemis, could mine be an industrial? and if it is could it be fairly simple to make it into a pro street motor?
George

Post by George »

The truck heads can be replaced with car heads. Use the Chevy water pump conversion & a water cross over from the 392. The truck heads also have a large diameter, sodium filled valve stems.