HEMI 5.7 accessories

Discussion of the 5.7L-6.1L-6.4L HEMIs.

Moderator: scottm

AlexGeorgakis

HEMI 5.7 accessories

Post by AlexGeorgakis »

I've got a 5.7 HEMI off a 2006 Grand Cherokee which I'll be installing in a Jeep Wrangler TJ. The AC pump is located at the bottom right of the engine (viewed from front of car) and interferes with the steering column. Someone told me that the HEMI 5.7 on a Dodge RAM pickup has the alternator and AC pump on mounted on the top, just under the air intake. That setup should work for me. What parts would I need to convert the Cherokee layout to the RAM layout? I would also appreciate if you guys could point me to a supplier.
speedicusmaximus

Re: HEMI 5.7 accessories

Post by speedicusmaximus »

Have you tried contacting AEV - Link: http://www.aev-conversions.com/

They do Hemi's into Jeeps, so they must encountered this before. They might recommend some websites too for V8 Jeep conversions.

Mike
Beep ! Beep !
AlexGeorgakis

Post by AlexGeorgakis »

Yeah, I've contacted them already. They are actually the ones who told me the Dodge RAM accessories would fit on a Wrangler TJ, but they didn't elaborate any further. They stopped doing swaps in TJs and just focus on the new Wranglers.
Does anybody know of any companies out there that do these sort of modifications on HEMI engines, or that can guide me as to what part numbers I would need?
mart

Post by mart »

I can't personally verify if the RAM truck alternator and AC compressor mounts are on top, or that it will solve your clearance problem, but if they do, they'll certainly bolt on to your engine ok. As for sourcing them, try just about any wrecking yard. - mart
============================================
AlexGeorgakis

Post by AlexGeorgakis »

Does anybody know where I can get an engine diagram of the accessories on a Dodge RAM? I think this will be the best way to see what parts I need.
helliotracing

Post by helliotracing »

Seems to me you have to change the entire front cover on the engine to switch over to a truck style setup.
It will run rich forever but it will only run lean once.
392heminut

Post by 392heminut »

helliotracing wrote:Seems to me you have to change the entire front cover on the engine to switch over to a truck style setup.
That is correct.
Owner of the Poor Man's Hemi Cuda