trans spacers

Discussion of the 331-354-392 HEMIs.

Moderators: scottm, TrWaters, 392heminut

hemidude354

trans spacers

Post by hemidude354 »

got a question why did all hemis that were running automatics behind them require an adapter and a spacer :reason for asking is because it looks like some early pushbutton 727s and so on would bolt right up,
DHEMI

Re: trans spacers

Post by DHEMI »

Because of the extended crank flange.Needed clearance for the nut and bolt method of
attatching the flywheel/flex plate,and provides for starter to bolt on.727 will not bolt up.
Get an adapter from T.R.Waters.
scottm

Post by scottm »

http://home.together.net/~twaters/

Be sure to tell him TheHEMI.com sent ya. :)
DHEMI

Post by DHEMI »

Fot the past 18 monthts I've been using my Hemi for mock up of headers,throttle linkage,etc.
Pulled it out for rebuild 3 weeks ago.Engine now together and put on my T.R.Waters adapter
3 hours ago.Excellent workmanship and quality.Highly reccomended.Am a very satisfied customer.
TrWaters

Post by TrWaters »

Thank you for the kind words.

The early (59 60 61 62) sb trans will bolt on, as those motors also had the extended crankshaft. The problem is ( to the best of my knowledge) that there are no 8 bolt torque converters.
You will save money in the long run buy using an adapter ( be it one of mine, Hot Heads, Wilcap or one of several others) and a modern transmission.
Early hemi to late sb Mopar trans adapters. Precision billet parts for early hemis.
hemidude354

Post by hemidude354 »

thanks tom i appreciate your help this automatic stuff is all new to me mostly just observation questions as soon as i save up some money youll probably be hearing from me thanks again mike