Will I need different heads?

Discussion of the Marine / Industrial Hemis.

Moderators: scottm, TrWaters, 392heminut

Dan Biby

Will I need different heads?

Post by Dan Biby »

I have a 331 longtail and am planning on building a marine engine once I find a good block. Will my heads work on a marine block and also the cam?
Bailiesdad

Post by Bailiesdad »

There are not too many parts that interchange, rods, a few bolts, some bearings, spark plug tubes, valve cover spark plug covers, and a few gaskets may work in the conversion.
budmspeeco

Re: Will I need different heads?

Post by budmspeeco »

Dan Biby wrote:I have a 331 longtail and am planning on building a marine engine once I find a good block. Will my heads work on a marine block and also the cam?
I have a complete disassembled 331 marine hemi. Do you want the marine specific crank or the auto style which connects to the trans from the rear of the engine instead of on the front crank snout for the marine style. I also have a right and left drive cam shafts.the marine style heads and the marine style two /one barrell carbs/intake. Look no farther than here for that good block. Here is the "good" block and all the misc parts it will take to get this baby up on a plane. If you don't jump at this combo you just need to start whittling paddles for the next "power" boat you try to build. LOL
'48 anglia