331 Ind. hemi HELP!!!!!!!

Discussion of the Marine / Industrial Hemis.

Moderators: scottm, TrWaters, 392heminut

ronscharger

331 Ind. hemi HELP!!!!!!!

Post by ronscharger »

:-? Could someone please answer some questions? I found an industrial Hemi 331 it has the extended bellhousing converted to gas from propane, my question is can this engine be hooked up with a regular car transmission such as a 727 ect. if not, is the parts on this engine worth anything? Or is the engine itself worth anything? Hope someone can help. :-? P.S. Can I even get parts for this engine if I wanted to rebuild it? Thanks, Ron
George

331 ind.

Post by George »

There are adaptors for the long tail 331. I believe Hot Heads & wilcap both have them. If yuo're going to use it you will have to have cam reground or replaced,a 354 cam would be best choice. You can run a 340 timing chain if you use a spacer w/354 cam. Make shure vibration damper will fit on crank. Crank,rods,valve covers, & other things are of value if you decide to part out. parts are available but the long tail is the most expensive of the Chr. series to rebuild.
ronscharger

Post by ronscharger »

Thank you for the info. I have not bought this motor yet, the man tells me if I put a waterpump on it, it will start right up. what do you think it is worth>?? Thanks, Ron :o
41hemi

Trans adapter

Post by 41hemi »

The companyWILCAP has recently come out with an adapter to use a 727 Torqueflite trans behind the extended bell hemis. Apparently their kit requires cutting the bell off the 727 and using the adapter to mate the trans to the extended bell. The converter is located inside the extended bell. The price is very comparable to other adapter kits.
41 Chevy with blown 330 Desoto / 32 Ford coupe with blown 392 Chrysler
George

331 ind

Post by George »

I've seen them on Hot Heads classified ad site around 300-350$. 1 guy I know said he was planning on getting one for that price.