Transmission adapters?

Discussion of the Early Dodge / DeSoto HEMIs.

Moderators: scottm, TrWaters, 392heminut

TrWaters

Post by TrWaters »

I sell the adapter kits to mate early hemis to either a smallblock 727 or A833 4 speed. Kit consists of 6061 aluminum block plate, crank hub adapter, B&M flexplate, and bolts.
This is the only adapter on the market that lets you use the stock trans inspection covers with a no hassle installation.
pennared

transmission adapters

Post by pennared »

Also try hothemiheads.com They deal with old hemi parts. You will need an adapter.
krooser

Post by krooser »

Campanna Company makes one for GM trans, too.
China...Great Food...Crappy Tools
outlaw30a

trans adapters

Post by outlaw30a »

i don't want to beat a dead horse,but , are there any transmissions that will bolt directly to a 58 354? I removed mine from a 58 dodge truck. Granny four speed. I have a 56 powerflite, and 330 desoto. I guess my question is, what other transmission will bolt direct?
41hemi

trannies

Post by 41hemi »

Any of the 57-58 cast iron TorqueFlite trannies will bolt up from Chrysler, dodge, and Desoto whether they are hemi blocks or poly blocks. The Powerflite from the Desoto will bolt up also. A friend of mine altered an original aluminum spacer from a 56 Powerflite to adapt a later model 904 trannie to a 354. He told me that some of the bolt holes lined up and that he drilled out others that did not line up. He also used a 426 hemi flexplate to get the 8 bolt pattern to fit the early crank. There was more to the job but thI can't remember any more. Hopefully this info may help. Good luck.
41 Chevy with blown 330 Desoto / 32 Ford coupe with blown 392 Chrysler
outlaw30a

Post by outlaw30a »

thank you that is very helpfull. I was really hoping to use my spacer from the desoto for an adapter. I don't mind a little fab work. thanks again.