rocker stand queston

Discussion of the Early Dodge / DeSoto HEMIs.

Moderators: scottm, TrWaters, 392heminut

CKA

rocker stand queston

Post by CKA »

I have been tearing down a 241 that i bought out of a junkyard a few months ago. Im disassembling the rockers right now. I removed the cotter pins on the one end of the shafts took the rockers, stands, and springs except the last stand at the end. How is that stand held in place i didnt try to force it because i wasnt sure how it was attached. any help is appreciated. I was also wondering if 300 horsepower is too much to ask for out of this motor. (on pump gas)? thanx
TrWaters

Post by TrWaters »

The shafts are held into the end stand with grooved roll pins. You can carefully drive the pins out from the bottom side.
Early hemi to late sb Mopar trans adapters. Precision billet parts for early hemis.
Bailiesdad

Post by Bailiesdad »

I was also wondering if 300 horsepower is too much to ask for out of this motor. (on pump gas)? thanx

for reference to hemi hp numbers, the first production car engine with 300HP was the 1955 331 Chrysler C300 in 1955, high compression, solid lifter and cam, adj rocker arm system, very large valve high flow headded 2X4 bbl engine. It was producing less than 1HP per cubic inch.

You are trying to get 1.25 HP per cubic inch with way less rpm, air flow, volume, feed system, and compression.
PCalaguiro

300hp from a 241

Post by PCalaguiro »

300hp is very possible from your engine. Bore it to 270 specs, get some good head work done and an Isky cam and you'll have 300hp. I have this combination in a driver/race car and it produces 296 flywheel horsepower on the dyno. Call me if you need more info.
Peter
Hemi T