project stalled

1st Gen HEMI projects and products.

Moderator: scottm

NE57

project stalled

Post by NE57 »

i wonder why
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DavidBraley

Re: project stalled

Post by DavidBraley »

:lol:

That will do it. :wink:
Horsepower determines how fast you hit the wall. Torque determines the size of the hole you make. Holzwarth's Law
scottm

Post by scottm »

Ship the Dart down my way; I was wearing shorts today. :D
WasserbeckSpeedShop

Post by WasserbeckSpeedShop »

So sad. I can't wait till it's all melted away and we can see that machine.
Hemi8me

Post by Hemi8me »

Just get a large space heater. :P
The hemi is all I have for my Rat Rod.....1956 354 HEMI
NE57

Post by NE57 »

wasserbeck,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
WasserbeckSpeedShop

Post by WasserbeckSpeedShop »

NE57,

Nice, my brother has a '69 in that same color with a 340 in it, but he lives in Texas so his isn't snow covered. :D
zigs

Post by zigs »

NE57. Didn't I talk with you over on BBD. You were putting a 392 in a Dart?
NE57

Post by NE57 »

That was me. Another good site is forabodiesonly.com
zigs

Post by zigs »

NE57 wrote:That was me. Another good site is forabodiesonly.com
I'm. on both also. Hows the build comming?
NE57

Post by NE57 »

It goes slow. Have got the short block done, and the headwork done. Looking around now for an A727 and various rear end parts and front disc conversion.
The heads were a disappointment. The basket case motor came with the heads already done up with big valves(BBC). Trouble was and I didn't know it early on, the longer stems require Titan rockers or similar.. Lucky I had a spare set of heads that I had machined for stock size stainless valves.

So I figure with any luck I can start the swap in two months, should have the bulk of what I need by then. Oh, and the ground has to dry out some, no garage, gravel driveway, just to make it more interesting. I think I'll make a big plywood platform.
zigs

Post by zigs »

NE57 wrote:It goes slow. Have got the short block done, and the headwork done. Looking around now for an A727 and various rear end parts and front disc conversion.
The heads were a disappointment. The basket case motor came with the heads already done up with big valves(BBC). Trouble was and I didn't know it early on, the longer stems require Titan rockers or similar.. Lucky I had a spare set of heads that I had machined for stock size stainless valves.

So I figure with any luck I can start the swap in two months, should have the bulk of what I need by then. Oh, and the ground has to dry out some, no garage, gravel driveway, just to make it more interesting. I think I'll make a big plywood platform.
I ended up with a cracked head. Waiting for it to get back . i was looking at the aluminum heads Hot Heads sells,If i had the money I'd be tempted, sure would shave off some pounds. Things are going slow for me also.