A body Hemi headers ?

Discussion of the 426 Street / Strip HEMIs.

Moderators: scottm, TrWaters, 392heminut

Fastbackcuda

A body Hemi headers ?

Post by Fastbackcuda »

Does anyone mame a set of headers for A bodys ? Hooker doesnt list any on their site.
Tweety

Post by Tweety »

We used the Hooker 2 1/4" B body headers on my dart and they cleared with a bit of bashing!
Buy the TTI's though, a much better fit and better quality all around
"Hell ain't a bad place to be!"
Fastbackcuda

Post by Fastbackcuda »

Hey Tweety your everywere too :D
Bailiesdad

Post by Bailiesdad »

The way the pipes are welded into the TTI headers is outright lousy, you have a bead of weld to seal the gasket............that and they are outrageously priced.
R/T Jack

Post by R/T Jack »

My TTI's don't have a bead of weld to seal the gasket. The Hookers that I replaced did though and always had a hard time getting them to seal. In addition to flattening tubes to get them to fit. The TTI's fit with no modifications and increased my performance by 3 tenths in the quarter mile. Just my opinion.
kar krazy

Post by kar krazy »

Are the tti headers you replaced the hookers with, are the same size and

body type

kar krazy
R/T Jack

Post by R/T Jack »

Yes they are 2 1/8" with a 3 1/2" collector for an e-body. Check out their website at www.ttiexhaust.com
R/T Jack

Post by R/T Jack »

In the latest issue of National Dragster there is a Hooker ad that lists Super Competition adjustable race headers for A bodies with a 426 Hemi. Part number is 5481HKR. Fits 68-75 A-bodies, 2 1/4" x 24-30" tube diameter and length and a 4" collector. The website is www.ilovemyhookerheaders.com They are listed in the adjustable race header section.
hemiduster

Post by hemiduster »

I made my own......the torsion bars slide right through them and nothing touches. 1 7/8 x 30" equal length tubes (street). The car I'm building now has a custom built (my own) front subframe with coil-overs......B-E body TTi's fit up nicely. In the past I have used Hooker Super-Comps (they make them - think SS/AA Dart) but they hang extremely low.......too low for the street.