Cowl Induction, K&N air filtered scoop

Discussion of the 426 Street / Strip HEMIs.

Moderators: scottm, TrWaters, 392heminut

Bailiesdad

Cowl Induction, K&N air filtered scoop

Post by Bailiesdad »

Anyone interested in how we built an K&N air filtered, 6 inch cowl induction, fiberglass hood to go over a 572 KB Hemi with a Hogans Tunnel Ram with twin dominators? (This will work on any hood.) :D

We are going to seal under the bottom with a scoop tray and foam.

We did it with our own design and help from 5 manufacturers' products.

Send a PM and I can go over it with you.
TrWaters

Post by TrWaters »

There is a guy over on Moparts from Georgia who sounds like he is doing the same set-up. Might want to check with him. He also seems to have a bunch of hemi parts for sale. :wink:
Early hemi to late sb Mopar trans adapters. Precision billet parts for early hemis.
Bailiesdad

Post by Bailiesdad »

I do not need to check, we have the hood completed, matter of fact, we are doing a second simular one next month for a guy in South Carolina. :D

I use AutoFab race chasis shop, a fulltime professional sheetmetal fabrication shop, for anything I do not want to do myself. :D They can make you one, need the telephone number?

I also get my machine work done by a fulltime local company, have plenty of hemi parts, or can order them. Thanks anyway. You have a nice Thanksgiving now.

Update 7:40 AM 10/22/06 OFF to he machine shop, they called and need the BHJ 4.560 Hemi torque plate to do a couple of blocks...... :D :D :D