1971 Hemi Intake Color?

Discussion of the 426 Street / Strip HEMIs.

Moderators: scottm, TrWaters, 392heminut

scottm

1971 Hemi Intake Color?

Post by scottm »

I received this message from a visitor:
I'm going to built a scale model of the famous 1971 Hemi Cuda. I'm going to assemble and paint the Hemi engine, but i'm not sure which color to paint the intake? Also, can you give me the color match number of this engine. It's Chrysler Orange i think?
Does anyone know the specifics? Thanks!
360MoparRacer

Friend

Post by 360MoparRacer »

I have a friend who owns a original 68 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi. 1-48 left and I will ask him the color of the intake seeing how he has the entire car/engine in original mint condition. But yes the block was Hemi orange/chrysler orange. 8)
360MoparRacer

To answer

Post by 360MoparRacer »

To answer the other question. The Intake is chrome.
mart

Post by mart »

Mopar360 - you are a complete idiot. If you don't have a clue as to what you talking about, you shouldn't be posting your adolescent, no-nothing wet-dream fantasies here as "fact" and "information". Have you ever even seen an original 426 hemi car? Have you worked on one-owned one-driven one??? I have. NO HEMI EVER CAME FROM THE FACTORY WITH A CHROME PLATED INTAKE! They came either painted in regular hemi orange paint, the same as the rest of the engine and sometimes plain, unpainted, as cast, aluminum.

mart