2013 Ram 1500 4x4 rated at 15 city, 21 hwy MPG

Mopar related news and press releases.
scottm

2013 Ram 1500 4x4 rated at 15 city, 21 hwy MPG

Post by scottm »

2013 Ram 1500 Hemi 4x4 8-Speed Rated at 15 City, 21 Highway
Extra Ratios Allow Ram to Match EcoBoost Figures with V-8 Brawn
http://www.trucktrend.com/features/news ... ewall.html
As soon as the eight-speed automatic was announced for the Ram 1500, we knew it could potentially have far-reaching implications for both Ram and the full-size truck market in general. Now that fuel economy figures have been released for a Hemi-powered Ram equipped with the eight-speed, Chrysler could soon decisively wrest the half-ton MPG crown from Ford in the mind of the truck buying public, if it hasn't already. The 2013 Ram 1500 Hemi 4x4 with the 8-speed has just been rated at 15 city, 21 highway in EPA testing, matching the fuel economy figures posted by a four-wheel-drive F-150 EcoBoost. Although the Hemi is down slightly on the EcoBoost in peak torque output (407 versus the F-150 EcoBoost's 420 lb-ft), it has 30 more horsepower, as well as having something the EcoBoost will never have, that distinctive V-8 sound.

Figures for the two-wheel-drive Hemi with the eight-speed were not yet posted on the EPA site, but if it achieves another 1 mpg in both city and highway figures, it will match the EcoBoost in both configurations, giving truck buyers a compelling and unique choice for powerful, efficient powertrains.

The mileage wars are not over yet, though. The Ram 1500 with the 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 and the eight-speed already tops the base F-150 V-6 on the EPA test by 2 mpg. But the most powerful weapon in Ram's fuel economy arsenal will undoubtedly be the 2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel, which will also be equipped with the eight-speed, and could approach, if not meet, the vaunted 30 mpg highway bogey, a figure we projected as part of an in-depth tech feature we ran in August. At the time, Chrysler was non-committal about a half-ton diesel option, but has since confirmed its production intent.

Source: Fueleconomy.gov
Wow, if the 2WD version gets another 1 MPG, it will match my little S10 fuel economy!
Well, the fuel economy of my V6 S10 before I added the fuel sucking turbo, I mean. :lol: