Fluidampers?

Discussion of the 331-354-392 HEMIs.

Moderators: scottm, TrWaters, 392heminut

Moparlee

Fluidampers?

Post by Moparlee »

Did they start manufacturing them agian? I noticed that Hot Heads has them advertised. Can any body tell me what this is? It's advertised as a 392 part, but I really think that it is for a 354 truck motor or it's for a marine aplication. I happen to have one laying around, but wasn't sure what it's for.

agahttp://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2491475093&category=34202in?

Thanks in advance.

Lee
392 Hemi
354 cracked and needs a sleeve
241 or 270 the only running one I have
340/E-brock heads/six-pack/4-speed/mini tubed/spool-64 Valiant
rlwalker

New Fluidampr

Post by rlwalker »

Lee:
Fluidampr built a damper for 392 only a while back but discontinued it.
Fluidampr contacted Hot Heads last year and asked us if we would help correct the limitations in its use and put it back on the market. The new Fluidamper works on ALL early hemi engines, is indexed for all aftermarket timing covers, is SFI approved and now is acceptable for blower use.
If you have one of the early Fluidampr models, it was designed to fit a 392 with stock timing cover.
Hope this clears up any questions,
Bob Walker
Hot Heads research & Racing, Inc.
TrWaters

timing cover spacer

Post by TrWaters »

That seller lists all his parts as 392, as many do on ebay. The part in question is from a 331 or 354 truck motor using the cast iron timing cover and front mount.
Early hemi to late sb Mopar trans adapters. Precision billet parts for early hemis.
Moparlee

Post by Moparlee »

Thanks Bob. Trwaters I noticed that he post's everything like that when he put a big block water pump housing on there and said it was for a 392. I whish that Fluidamper would still make one for the original timing cover.

Thanks everybody.

Lee
392 Hemi
354 cracked and needs a sleeve
241 or 270 the only running one I have
340/E-brock heads/six-pack/4-speed/mini tubed/spool-64 Valiant