Demon based HEMI Under Glass rendering is incredible

Discuss the Hemi in current auto racing.
scottm

Demon based HEMI Under Glass rendering is incredible

Post by scottm »

Demon based Hemi Under Glass rendering is absolutely incredible
https://www.allpar.com/news/2019/04/dem ... ible-44565
Two weeks back, we brought you the news that a modern version of the historic Hemi Under Glass wheelstanding drag car will be introduced sometime in 2020 by current program owner Mike Mantel. The new Hemi Under Glass will be based on the current Challenger and while there is artwork, we don’t know exactly what it will look like in the flesh. With any luck, it looks a whole lot like the gorgeous renderings here, showing a 2018 Demon transformed into a modern Hemi Under Glass that would wow the crowds when moving or when parked.

While perusing the internet last night, I came across this Dodge Challenger SRT Demon that has been artistically transformed into a modern Hemi Under Glass. I found these pictures on the Facebook pace of Abimelec Design and the artist behind this work is Abimelec Arellano, who hails from Sonora, Mexico.

You can find his work on Instagram as well @abimelecdesign, and if you have a few minutes to kill, it is worth a look. His work is so good that I recognize some of it from other social media posts, where people believe that the cars are real, not artwork. For instance, the Hellcat-powered Ford Crown Victoria that has been traveling around Facebook as also created Abimelec Design, but many people believe it to be a real car.

In any case, upon seeing his Hemi Under Glass, I had to showcase this flawlessly modified Dodge Demon. It is everything that Mopar fans could possibly want from a modern Hemi Under Glass – including a custom glass hatch that covers the supercharged Demon engine with a chromed blower lid. He created images of the car from every angle and he even made a few of the car doing a big, wicked wheelstand.

This is what he had to say on the Facebook page accompanying the post:

One of my favorite modified cars of all time is the Hurst “HEMI Under Glass” Plymouth Barracuda, A car built exclusively for showing off, making noise and amaze the crowds. In my opinion, cars don’t get much cooler than that. Anyhow, it’s been a while since the original Hurst ‘Cuda so I thought I would bring it back to life, with a Demon engine and Challenger body. Yes that’s a rear hatch, too! Originally I was just going to replace the rear seats with an engine, but then you wouldn’t be able to see the chromed supercharger, wouldn’t you? and remember, it’s all about the show!

Needless to say, if someone actually put the 840-horsepower Demon engine in the trunk, it would likely stand on end just like the muscle car shown here. The actual modern Hemi Under Glass might not look like this artwork when it arrives next year, but we can all dream, right? If nothing else, Abimelec Arellano has created a series of images that are sure to be loved and shared by Mopar fans around the world.
More Photos: http://www.thehemi.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=14540

#Dodge #Challenger #Demon #Hellcat #HemiUnderGlass #HEMI #Mopar #MoparOrNoCar