Someone buy me that T/A!Mopar milestones featured at season opener…
TORONTO, Ontario – March 29, 2010 - The Mopar® name, short for MOtor PARts, is the automobile parts and service division trademark of Chrysler Group LLC and was first used by the company in the 1920’s. Still used today as an unambiguous reference to the parent company, Mopar® also represents the golden era of Chrysler’s hi-performance image cars of the late sixties and early seventies such as the Dodge Charger and Challenger along with Plymouth’s Barracuda, GTX and Roadrunner.
During this time period, Mopar® muscle showed its serious side by dominating the NASCAR circuit, while enjoying movie star fame in several action films as Bullitt, Vanishing Point, and Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry. Several rare examples of these iconic milestones will be offered up for bids as the official kickoff to the Canadian spring collector car season gets underway at the Classic Car Auction of Toronto - the largest event of its kind in Canada. Held indoors April 9-11 at Mississauga’s International Centre, this year's event hosted by Collector Car Productions will feature hundreds of collectable vehicles spanning a nearly century of automotive history.
One of the most radical incarnations of Mopar® performance up for bids is an original 1969 Dodge Charger Daytona edition. With aerodynamic design assistance from NASA and extensive testing at speeds well over 200 mph, these winged warriors had a remarkable drag coefficient of .28, lower than most modern cars today. Purchased from its original owner this rare Hemi Orange on offer comes with its original bill of sale, owner’s manual and fender tags.
Also of interest to collectors is an authentic 1968 Dodge 'General Lee' Charger stunt car used in the Warner Brothers movie, 'Dukes of Hazzard'. Known in the production business as a sling car, this iconic stunt veteran was used for some of the film's most memorable 'flying' sequences and will be uniquely displayed for photo opportunities. Immortalized in film and television the General Lee is by far the most internationally famous of all Chrysler products and was voted as the top hot rod of all time by Hot Rod Magazine.
Other significant cars from the Chrysler stable consigned to this event include the following:
· 1939 De Soto S6 Deluxe Coupe - an all original car built in Windsor, Ontario, ready for restoration
· 1948 Chrysler Windsor Sedan - flathead 6 cylinder with original fluid drive transmission
· 1963 Chrysler 300 Pace Setter Convertible - a rare pace car edition commemorating the 1963 Indy 500 race
· 1964 Chrysler Imperial - a show quality example of the most luxurious modern Chrysler ever built
· 1969 Dodge Dart Hard Top - a hi-performance modified sleeper with famous 426 Hemi engine
· 1969 Dodge Charger R/T - features 440 CID engine, 4-speed, Dana rear end, and Magnum 500 wheels
· 1970 Dodge Challenger T/A - highly detailed, rotisserie restoration 340 CID 6 pack, numbers matching
· 1970 Plymouth 'Cuda - 383-powered automatic finished in its original Moulin Rouge paint, one of three offered
· 1971 Dodge Challenger Convertible - one of three offered, refinished in Plum Crazy, one of only 1774 built
In addition to the popular automotive flea market area and garage memorabilia, the auction line up will also include several collectable motorcycles and offer visitors half price tickets to the International Spring Motorcycle Show held in the adjacent hall on April 10 & 11.
Additional information on bidding, buying or consigning at this event can be found on the company’s website at: www.ccpauctions.com or by calling 519-352-4575 ext 555. Arrangements can also be made to bid in advance, or by telephone.
About Collector Car Productions
Collector Car Productions is a privately held Canadian-based auction house specializing in acquisitions, sales and appraisals of quality collector cars in North America. The company’s bi-annual events held indoors at Toronto’s International Centre in Mississauga are the largest in Canada each offering several hundred collector vehicles.
Updates on future Mopar events.
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
Here's a press release about the event...
Follow us: & &
Follow us: & &
That'll buff out!
Owner of the Poor Man's Hemi Cuda