03 Ram 1500 LSD clip issues

Discussion about the Hemi in general.

Moderator: scottm

LPGHemi

03 Ram 1500 LSD clip issues

Post by LPGHemi »

Just did a fluid change in my 03 Ram Hemi 1500 with the LSD.

Guess what................................Yep looks like I now belong to the infamous broken clip club !!!!!! :oops:

Question. My 03 is a used import here in the UK.
What's my options in running with the diff "as is" ?
Will it cause unrepairable damage in the diff?

If I was to replace it with an Auburn or other after market LSD, would that cure my problems?
Is the Auburn already set up, ie backlash and such in the gears?
Would it be a straight forward install for a guy who's not too unfamiliar with a spanner?
Any help is appreciated.

Al.
LPGHemi

Post by LPGHemi »

Bump please.
speedicusmaximus

Post by speedicusmaximus »

Hi LPGHemi,
I'd try contacting some of the independent Dodge Ram importers here in the UK first. You can't be the only one with this problem. As Dodge (and Dodge Rams) are now officially imported into the UK as of last month, try Dodge UK too. I've been on their (Dodge UK) website before now, and although it's slick, it's problematic. Try it and see what you think. Phoning them is probably better. If you do, mention their website in the conversation ...... It won't take your details for any of the info/brochures, or on the "Hotlist" free sign up. It will on the Jeep and Chrysler pages though. Weird ?
There's a couple of Ram web clubs around too that might answer your question. I'll see if I can find them and get back to you on this.
Good luck !
Mike :D
Beep ! Beep !
speedicusmaximus

Post by speedicusmaximus »

Hi,
Under the following topic title, there's a reported incident which might be the same as yours - other than the horses and towing brush on the ranch ....

New 5.7L-6.1L-6.4L Hemis

There's also the following two links to popular 'sites:

http://dodgeram.org

http://www.hemitruckclub.com

Contact them and see if they can help you with the diff. replacement.

Good luck !
Mike
Beep ! Beep !