Howdy Guys!

Discussion of the 5.7L-6.1L-6.4L HEMIs.

Moderator: scottm

HEMI911

Howdy Guys!

Post by HEMI911 »

New guy here just wanted to say hi.

Proud owner of 04 Reg Cab 4x2 Dodge Ram w/HEMI. LOVE IT!!!

So far its bone stock except exhaust work - cut off standard muffler and resonator and replaced with Flowmaster muffler and dumped under truck before rear axle.
robotech

Post by robotech »

CONGRATULATIONS!!! We just got ours Dec 29th 03 its a 2004 1500SLT 5.7Hemi SC Long Bed 4x4; I had a custom stainless steel dual exhaust installed. other than the extra Hemi logo on the back it's still stock too.
robotech

Post by robotech »

firefighter6526

Post by firefighter6526 »

Hey 911, did you notice any gain or loss of power. I've heard conflicting stories about replacing the exaust. I wanted to run duals but from what I understand more often than not, poeple think they lose. Just yesterday I had a DC service tech tell me "Put on a set of flowmasters and you'll lose power." But there are folks that think they gain also. I just don't know if they say'n it or mean it. Depending on what you say I may consider just replacing the coffe can also. I'd really love to run a set of chromed pipes down the sides but thats just me!!!

Have a good one!!

P.S. Try moparchat.com also both of these sites are great.
03' Quad Cab 2wd 5.7 HEMI(Bug Luv'n White)
03' Accord EX(Silver Bullet)
96' Protege(My Ecofriendly Beat'r)
1 Hag
2 Rats
robotech

Post by robotech »

I can only comment, that I have no lost in power with my dual exhaust, It has really helped the MPG its at 15 around town. 2 Magna Flow muffers from the cats back. pictures are on the site above. I'm still working on getting movies or sound posted online.
HEMI911

Post by HEMI911 »

I didn't dyno my truck before or after the flowmaster setup that I have, but I haven't noticed any power gains or loss. The coolest thing about it is no pipes on my truck. Very clean look because its dumped under the truck right about where the bed starts. Sound is okay, but not a real big improvement over stock. Doesn't sound nearly as good as I hoped, but o'well. My truck only has 2000 miles on it so I am kinda being gentle with her still, but I ran a 15.2 sec 1/4 mile after I changed the exhaust if that helps.

By the way, here is a list of what my truck looks like:

-Regular Cab short bed
-2WD
-Sport Pkg w/20's
-Black on black

I LOVE MY TRUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
firefighter6526

Post by firefighter6526 »

I just got back from Wally world and when I was loading my stuff, I heard the sweetest rumble I've haerd in a while( and I'm not saying this cuz I own one! ) coming from behind me and what did I see :o ? A bad a$$ black Hemi Ram shorty 2wd with an even more bad a$$ blonde in the pliot's seat!! Yeah she cought me staring :P!! Anyway, when it rolled by it looked to me like a Borla setup judging from the tips peek'n out from underneath the rear bumper. Im no expert so I was gonna ask her what daddy put under there but by the time I got my rugrats and garbage in the truck she was long gone :cry: . Oh well this town aint that big so I hope I'll see it and her again :wink: !! It was an awsome sound not too loud and sounded like she was runnin straight Folgers all the way to the bumper!
03' Quad Cab 2wd 5.7 HEMI(Bug Luv'n White)
03' Accord EX(Silver Bullet)
96' Protege(My Ecofriendly Beat'r)
1 Hag
2 Rats