Hot Rodding

Discussion of the 5.7L-6.1L-6.4L HEMIs.

Moderator: scottm

giddie

Hot Rodding

Post by giddie »

Has anybody removed the valve covers from their 5.7 Hemi yet? Was it a pain? Do the gaskets need to be replaced? They look like they'd be nice candidates for a little sanding, a polishing wheel, and some rouge.

Any the tips for debadging my 1500? I'd like to remove the RAM 1500 emblems from the truck but fear pulling paint or leaving a permanent outline.

thanks.
Jason O'Brien
2003 Black Quad-Cab 1500 Hemi*
http://www.giddie.com
FastD

Post by FastD »

They will just peel off...just do it carefully...and if u do it do it now because if you wait too long the paint underneath will be shiney and the rest of the truck a little faded and you'll see the "outline" 8)
kbuicker

Post by kbuicker »

Giddie, rcimp removed his badging.. he may have some tips...
Kevin
rcimp

Post by rcimp »

Use a hair dryer to warm up the item to be removed. The sticky part get's flexible and you should be able to pull it right off. It was easy for the "Hemi" bagde but I left the "1500" on there becasue when I removed these on a '95 Ram I used to own it left the 1500 inprint on the paint. I wet sanded it with 1500 grit sandpaper then buffed it out but it was something I didn't like doing to my new truck. It looks real good nice and clean.

Rcimp
DTAHEMI

Post by DTAHEMI »

i removed all my 2500 and heavy duty badges of my hemi it was kind of a chore but a heat gun and some 8lbs fishing line works great.
kbuicker

Post by kbuicker »

Rcimp, maybe you could give me your HEMI badge?
Kevin
rcimp

Post by rcimp »

Sorry Kevin, already tossed them. There are tons on them on e-bay.
fast5800pdhemi

Post by fast5800pdhemi »

I removed the hemi symbol from my truck to make room for some xenon flares and all i did was slowl pulled them off and cut the doubled sided tape with a razor blade the tape is thick enough so you dont touch the paint then just take some wax and grease remover to the excess tape and presto your good to go