Just raced NON-Hemi...

Discussion of the 5.7L-6.1L-6.4L HEMIs.

Moderator: scottm

kbuicker

Just raced NON-Hemi...

Post by kbuicker »

I just compared highway power with another similar Dodge, but he didn't have the Hemi... I just barely had more power than he did.. He motioned to me to slow down to 70mph(Dallas is like a city wide Autobahn), then we both punched it, he had the edge at first (he downshifted before I did).. I made it from being overtaken (had the jump on me), to going from his back door handle to about his drivers mirror before we slowed and waved. Nice guy. If it were 0-60, I'm sure I would've faired better.

He had a nice one outlet out the side custom exhaust (Gibson??) and a bed cover, but that’s about it (that I could see)... my truck is totally stock.

I'm going to add gears, headers and exhaust..that should give me the 'UMPH', power and torque I was hoping the Dodge had to begin with.

(I do not support street racing, and prefer everyone 'SAVE IT FOR THE TRACK!')
Last edited by kbuicker on Thu Oct 09, 2003 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kevin
rcimp

Post by rcimp »

Hey Kevin that was me. :D If I remember correctly I didn't get that much of a jump on you. I was only ahead of you a door handle when we took off. And yes we were dead even until the very upper end when you pulled ahead. And to make you feel a little better I do have the Hemi, I just debadged mine so no one knows. If we took off from the line I think I would walk on you for a little ways. I think my exhaust and intake have hurt my top end but I know it has helped my lower end some. You were right it is a Gibson System. We were southbound on 75 right around parker. I have done another mod to my truck and I think it woould be fun to pair em up again. It is a lot of fun, win or loose. :D

Rcimp
Saint Anger

Post by Saint Anger »

well, thats a relief to us hemi guys
kbuicker

Post by kbuicker »

Well hey there!!! How cool you saw this was you! I AM RELIEVED THEN!! HAHA, I was starting to wonder about the ol' Hemi! :)

We should have lunch and compare trucks, I'd like to see what you've done.. kevinb@intur.net is my email

shoot me an email and we can compare the two!

Glad I didn't embelish my story!! :)
Kevin
REALM

Post by REALM »

I was gonna suggest it may be a de-badged Hemi. Mine is. :D

Was on the Interstate yesterday when an Escalade was chasing a ricer in a Civic with Folger's exhaust darting in & out of traffic.

Couldn't get to the Civic as he got off at an earlier exit than I was, but the Escalade I got in front of and we both floored it. I pulled away not at lightning speed, but enough to know I was leaving him. When I hit about 95 I slowed down to get off at my exit, when I looked over and a cop was riding next to me. :o He didn't care though I guess, he got off at my exit... so I continued on to the NEXT exit. :lol:
2002 Dodge Ram 1500 QC 4x4
315/70/17 BFG AT's
4.56 gears with LSD
kbuicker

Post by kbuicker »

Well hey out there in Kaufman! (wife from Crandall).. how on earth did you get any traction on Harwood? The streets are so slick down in that area...

The police are pretty bad, they have started to do the 'sting' type operation, which is understandable, like I said Dallas and surrounding areas are like an autobahn! EVERYONE drives fast around here, and if you're not, you're usually be motioned over by a not so friendly hand, it's crazy!

I'm trying to get my poster business going again, email me if you want a full size poster of your truck, a one-of-a-kind print professionally doe by me.. hand signed, all I need are photos of your truck and we can discuss the details via email. kevinb@intur.net
Kevin