Chrysler Crossfire...

Discussion of the 5.7L-6.1L-6.4L HEMIs.

Moderator: scottm

mnc2886

Chrysler Crossfire...

Post by mnc2886 »

Yea, I know, it isn't a hemi, but does anyone know if they are going to put a hemi in one? I am test driving one this saturday, and today I looked under the hood and it has plenty of room for one. Anyways, just wish it had a v8 even though it is pretty sweet as is.
Hemidakota

Post by Hemidakota »

No....

There will be a engine change for the next model year (mor performance) but a MB engine and tranny.

The next Jeep GC will get the Hemi engine or wait until spring time for the 300c 5.7 or the PVO 300 6.1.
Steve
Future Purchase: 2006 Charger SRT-8/2006 MegaCab 6.1 Hemi
"Coming soon 600HP SRT-10 to pull the SRT-4 & SRT-8 Charger to the track!"
dodgedifferent2

Post by dodgedifferent2 »

is the crossfire rear wheel drive or another rice burner?
mnc2886

Post by mnc2886 »

It is rear, and man it hauled butt. 20-60 in like 3 seconds, so much low end torque and pick up, but after 60, not too impressive. That little v6 can only go so far. But it sure was fun as hell to drive, even with the limited visability. And I drove the manual, so it was a little more fun. :)
1992Dakota

Hemi?

Post by 1992Dakota »

I wonder if I can specially order a Crossfire from Chrysler with a Hemi in it. Anyone know? Or who I would email?
Hemidakota

Re: Hemi?

Post by Hemidakota »

No hemi options due to safety and emmission certifications.

Push from DCx is now going towards rear or AWD units and very little FWD.

SRT-6 is coming in the spring time. Try that one.
Steve
dodgedifferent2

Hemidakota....you seem to be tied up as being part of Daimler or at least pretend to be.......safety? emissions?? its called making things work!!!!!! how many cars out there are RWD and have V8 aka Vette, mustang!! they seem to accomplish this feat!! a small car like the crossfire can be made 2 inches longer to make it safer!! as for emission standards...add a few more cat's i am sure this would help. the mustang has 4!!!

It can be done...someone from Daimler needs to grow some balls to actually go out and make it work!!!!
dodgedifferent2

oh and who cares about a RWD V6.......nothin beats the sound of a V8 runnin out of dual exhaust.....
Hemidakota

Post by Hemidakota »

dodgedifferent2 wrote:Hemidakota....you seem to be tied up as being part of Daimler or at least pretend to be.......safety? emissions?? its called making things work!!!!!! how many cars out there are RWD and have V8 aka Vette, mustang!! they seem to accomplish this feat!! a small car like the crossfire can be made 2 inches longer to make it safer!! as for emission standards...add a few more cat's i am sure this would help. the mustang has 4!!!

It can be done...someone from Daimler needs to grow some balls to actually go out and make it work!!!!
First, I don't pretend anything. I don't work for DCx and nor wish care too.

Second, not in your lifetime will there be a Hemi for the Crossfire. It is not designed to be an outright muscle car. Look at the MB SLK roadsters. That is the calss catagory.

Third, PVO has several cars coming with a 'real punch' for that requirement you are seeking. Think Magnum SRT-8, SRT-8 300 C, SRT-8 Charger, Viper Coupe, next generation Hemi-10, Stratus SRT-6 (Hemi-6), and so on.

Dodge is doing away with restricted exhaust design. You have seen the latest Hemi-8 design with one CAT, you can understand the reasoning behind the design.

The 3.7 and the 4.7 with three CATS will be phased out soon. Dual spark plug head cofigured Hemis will eventually replace them.
Steve
inesshell

Post by inesshell »

Crossfire SRT-6 is first Chrysler with SRT badge

For those who aren't familiar with the abbreviation SRT, Dodge uses it to stand for Street and Racing Technology. Now Chrysler is also going to use the SRT badge for the Crossfire coupe and roadster, which will also be the first SRT vehicles available outside North America. Chrysler will present the 2005 Crossfire SRT-6 at the Geneva Auto Show, which opens to the public on March 4.

Unlike the Dodge SRT versions, which have bold looks and extreme performance, the Chrysler SRT vehicles will be understated and feature refined performance. The Crossfire SRT-6 is equipped with a hand-built 330-hp 3.2-liter supercharged V-6 with 330 hp and 310 lb-ft of torque. It is teamed to an upgraded five-speed automatic transmission with AutoStick. The SRT-6 will be able to perform the sprint from 0 to 60 mph in just 5 seconds. The top speed is electronically limited to 155 mph. The engine delivers 90 percent of peak torque in a broad power band from 2300 to 6200 rpm.

For optimal performance, the Crossfire SRT-6 has a sport tuned suspension with increased spring rates and performance tuned damping and ultra high performance Michelin Pilot Sport tires: 225/40 ZR-18 (front) and 255/35 ZR-19 (rear). Also the ESP is specifically tuned for dynamic driving. Four ventilated disc brakes with dual-piston calipers should stop the fast Crossfire from 60 to 0 mph in approximately 115 feet.

The body of the Crossfire is enhanced with a fixed rear spoiler and a front fascia chin spoiler. In the interior there is a special instrument cluster with a 200-mph speedo, hinting at its performance bent. Pearl nappa leather sport seats with suede inserts and bolsters and embroidered 'SRT-6' on the headrests provide the sporty look.

moer pics at
http://chat.autoweek.com/showthread.php ... eadid=6236