HEMI 5.7 lifting points

Discussion of the 5.7L-6.1L-6.4L HEMIs.

Moderator: scottm

AlexGeorgakis

HEMI 5.7 lifting points

Post by AlexGeorgakis »

Hi guys. I'm new here so please bear with me if I'm writing in the wrong forum.
I've got a 5.7 HEMI off a 2006 Grand Cherokee which I'll be installing in a Jeep Wrangler TJ. Problem is, I can't find anywhere to lift the engine from. How do you guys go about lifting it?

Thanks,
Alex
mart

Re: HEMI 5.7 lifting points

Post by mart »

I'm not trying to be a smartass, but really, you can't figure out how to lift an engine just because it doesn't have any factory installed lifting eyes??? I don't see what the big deal is here. Just find a couple of bolt holes in the front and back of the cylinder heads and/or the sides of the cylinder heads - ether intake or exhaust manifold bolt holes - and screw in couple of longer bolts with a couple of washers to attach to your lifting chain. You may have to experiment a bit with a few different hole locations to get the engine to balance properly, but that's no big deal either. - mart
===================================================
AlexGeorgakis

Re: HEMI 5.7 lifting points

Post by AlexGeorgakis »

Hey Mart, I'm not a mechanic and this is the first time I'm lifting an engine. I was worried about using bolts on the accessories thinking that they might break off, but in the end here is how I did it. As you correctly said, I experimented with a few bolts until I got the engine level.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.