Gen III Hemi specs.

Discussion of the 5.7L-6.1L-6.4L HEMIs.

Moderator: scottm

john

Gen III Hemi specs.

Post by john »

With the S/S Challenger, confirmed, does anyone know what the specs are that NHRA will allow for these cars? (I.E. crank specs, rod wt, etc.)
hemidup

Post by hemidup »

I can't say for sure, but just ordered a P code Challenger today. I heard that the Dana 60 will be shippped seperate from the car.
392 Blown Hemi
john

Post by john »

Great! That's more than I heard. I ordered mine based solely on info I got at SEMA. Will the car have the mounting points already installed? What about the cage? My dealer took the order but had absolutely no info.
hemidup

Post by hemidup »

392 Blown Hemi
TrWaters

Post by TrWaters »

Rock and Roll :lol:
Early hemi to late sb Mopar trans adapters. Precision billet parts for early hemis.
john

Post by john »

This seems like it'll start the Hemi legend all over again. These cars sound more trick than the old cars. :P . let's see---- a 392 could put them in SS/E or so, 426-- SS/D or a 2nd gen Hemi in one for SS/DM or so. Who says the musclecar era is dead?
hemidup

Post by hemidup »

Even though Ray Barton is to build the motors, I'd like to see an "engine delete" option. If you know what I mean. :wink:
392 Blown Hemi
john

Post by john »

[quote="hemidup"]Even though Ray Barton is to build the motors, I'd like to see an "engine delete" option. If you know what I mean. :wink:[/quote]

Neat idea but I think the car's have to be operable to qualify for stock or S/stock
hemidup

Post by hemidup »

I hear ya. If and when we get the car, you know that the engine will be pulled for a, "I gotta see what Ray Barton did to it" look. I'm sure that Chuck Lofgren, Knowton/Mondello and a few others will stop by the shop for a peek see.
392 Blown Hemi
john

Post by john »

Anybody hear anything more on the S/S challenger? Allpar is claiming they'll be out next month. My salesman says he hasn't heard anything more ---- not even a price on them :-?
hemidup

Post by hemidup »

My feelings, the less I know the better.
392 Blown Hemi