My 04 Hemi won't start

Discussion of the 5.7L-6.1L-6.4L HEMIs.

Moderator: scottm

ProstreetAMX

My 04 Hemi won't start

Post by ProstreetAMX »

My Hemi Javelin conversion was going along fine, but I can't get the motor started. I used the motor and trans from a 2004 Ram 1500 as well as all the wiring, dash and steering column. I used the stock fuel pump in a new tank. This is the first time in over a year that this wiring has been powered up. The donar parts came from a wrecked truck as was never started before I pulled it out. The truck was hit hard on the side and it tripped the seatbelt locks but did not trigger the air bags. I did have to replace the brake light switch as it was tripped also. I have removed the ABS brakes and airbag controls as well as the seatbelt wiring. The motor cranks and seems to want to start, but will only run for a few short secounds. There is fuel in the fuel rails, but I do not have a way to check the pressure. I was able to pull 2 codes so far but they don't seem to be related. one is a P0562 low voltage code and the other is a P0700 transmission control system malfunction. The cranking has drained the battery at times, but I have a charger hooked up also. My TPS light did flash several times like the other post on this subject, but does go off sometimes. I can not find anything that the truck crash caused that would require reseting or replacing any other components. I know the ABS and air bag controls will have to be reset at some point, but I am not sure if these items are releated to the no start condition. Any sugestions? I do have the factory service manual on disc, but it doesn't cover reseting things after an accident.
Richard Payne
72 5.7 Hemi Javelin
Las Vegas