crate hemi transmission questions

Discussion of the 5.7L-6.1L-6.4L HEMIs.

Moderator: scottm

james1414d

crate hemi transmission questions

Post by james1414d »

hi there!
I am swapping a crate 5.7 hemi in my 68 super wagoneer. I would like to use the 45RFE behind it, but don't know what to use for a controller. is there a stand alone TCM for this transmission. I don't realy want to use the 727. is anyone running this combo? thanks!
57HEMICUDA

Post by 57HEMICUDA »

I know the crate engine electronics won't run that trans.The only way I can see is to run factory Chrysler electronics.The 2003 Rams used seperate engine and trans computers,2004 and up, it was all in one computer.You could go either way,but I would buy a junk yard low milage engine,rather then a crate engine.Its cheaper and you would get the computer and accesories
speedicusmaximus

Post by speedicusmaximus »

Hi,
Have you tried a search on Street & Performances website ? They have plenty of stuff on engines. Not sure what stuff they have on transmissions though. They may be able to give you some guidance on this.
Try: sales@hotrodlane.cc as a contact address.
Good luck !
Mike :roll:
Beep ! Beep !
SRT10KLLR

Post by SRT10KLLR »

Try the link below as they have a controller that works with the 5-45RFE. I am assuming of course that you will be using a stand alone engine computer also. A buddy has one on his 5.7 Hemi truck.

http://www.powertraincontrolsolutions.c ... ent-4.html
2005 Dodge Ram 2500 RCSB ThunderRoad Hemi Sport w/STS turbo