a few questions?

Discussion of the 5.7L-6.1L-6.4L HEMIs.

Moderator: scottm

project95rebuild2

a few questions?

Post by project95rebuild2 »

Ok guys... about a month ago I bought a 05 reg cab black hemi... 11k on it! I am not new to the dodge family or performance for that matter... I also own a 95 neon coupe with a complete 04 srt-4 swap, includin computer, seats, guages, steering wheel, knuckles and hubs, brakes, shifter, steerin column bla bla bla... Last time at the track it ran a 12.8@112 on a broken axle.. hobbled it down the track after the 1.8th! Only on 15psi.. but only weighs 2400lbs!

So I was tired of not havin a truck to pull the car with.. so I bought the hemi! I can say its addictin to push the gas down... granted the neon is alot faster.. boost comes on slowly.. I have never had anything just throw me back like that! So I have been checkin out a few mods for it!

So far I am lookin at intake, tb spacer, hypertech, udp, possible bigger tb? I am interested in a cam maybe.... But I hear the ecu is the hardest thing about everything.. the tunin! Has anyone tryed a piggy back ecu.. maybe a safc, dtech, ect...? I see everyone sprayin the hell out of the trucks... 75shot and 100shots and runnin anywhere from high 12's to high 13's! I am not lookin for anything outrageous.. I want to keep it extremely reliable for pullin and towin! but I want more! I have read a little about swappin the 6.1 heads over for a little more performance? Can anyone shed some light.. some general info on this?? thanks in advance for the help!

-05 Reg Cab Hemi Ram (stock)
-98 Chevy Cavalier (for sale)
-95 2 door coupe neon (srt-4 swapp!)
project95rebuild2

Post by project95rebuild2 »

ttt..... NOw I know someone has some info around here? come on guys...

-05 Reg Cab Hemi Ram (stock)
-98 Chevy Cavalier (for sale)
-95 2 door coupe neon (srt-4 swapp!)