new to forum.....questions

Discussion of the 5.7L-6.1L-6.4L HEMIs.

Moderator: scottm

hemikid16

new to forum.....questions

Post by hemikid16 »

hello everyone. my names eric im 16 i live in az right now but am moving to cali in 2 weeks. i have a cobra right now and know alot about them (but not alot about the hemi) but i need/want a truck. i want it to be faster than my cobra which will take a good sum of money. my dad has a hemi and he/i love it. he has a couple things done to it and its pretty fast. i was going to pick up a date and ending up racing a 06 mustang gt 4 times making me about 20 minutes late but its all good she understood and i beat him every time so it made my night. i am still debating between a big lifted chevy or a hemi. so any input is invited....so heres some of my questions...

1 ud pullies...are they worth it? any problems? the cobras can have low lighting, really low idle even stalling, and the radio doesnt work as well. any thing like that.

2. what bolt ons would/are you running. and which brand (exaust, cai, pullies, programmer/chip....)

3. supercharger or turbo? which brand? how much? what are the gains?

thanks i appreciate all feedback

eric
MangoInTX

Post by MangoInTX »

I'm currently running a Charger R/T so take this w/a grain of salt, it's a lot like the truck 5.7 but not identical.

1 ud pullies...are they worth it? any problems?
I think their worth it, great return on effort/cost (10hp+/-). A few 5.7 trucks have broken toner rings, they have been attributed to weak stock toner rings and extra vibration of the ud pullies.

2. what bolt ons would/are you running. and which brand (exaust, cai, pullies, programmer/chip....)
CIA... Choose your favorite (K&N is mine). CATBack... Flowmaster, Magflow (again choose your favorite). Programmer... I'm not sure whats available on the newer trucks but I ran a Hypertech on my 03 QC RAM and it was very good, look at SuperChips flashpaq as well. How about a CAM?

3. supercharger or turbo? which brand? how much? what are the gains?
Start looking at KRC performance or GS Motorsports. You can expect to gain anywhere from 120 to 150+ RWT (depends on lower end build).
Just another Naked Mango #389 in TX.

Mods: Jet Stage II/K&N factory replacement/GSM ESP-Torque-Fan/Blastin Bob's 11db/DIY CAI & Caliper Paint/RAM Air Hood

Furture Mods: Dynatech LTs/KW v2/Hotchkis Sways/DynoMax Ultra Flow X