Chrysler 5.7 swapping kit

Discussion of the 5.7L-6.1L-6.4L HEMIs.

Moderator: scottm

V10man

Chrysler 5.7 swapping kit

Post by V10man »

A buddie of mine that works in a Dodge parts dept. called me today. He had just received a memo about the release of a kit for swapping a used 5.7 into a older car. The kit included a intake manifold, throttle body and computer.They also have 3 cam kits offered ( Iwould think Comp Cam).He is going to let me know pricing and make me a copy of the memo . He did say it did not go into much detail.
Later Chris
HemiHawaiian

Post by HemiHawaiian »

Would you happen to have the part number so I can look into getting one.
V10man

Post by V10man »

MPI KIT P5153339 , Carbureted Kit P5153340
Later Chris
mr fabrication

Post by mr fabrication »

that price sounds like a lot for just an intake wiring and a computer. but thats what i seen it advertised for also.
street and performance offers the stand alone wiring harness for about $900 .then you can drop the motor in anything.they also offer the computer for $300 and can custom program it for you also for extra.
I got a hemi from an 03 truck and plan on buying the harness from street and performance.

$4500 soundl like a lot to me for all the more you get for that price I think there nuts.I think thats about what i had in my whole 360 with edelbrock heads i built not long ago, heck you can buy the entire 360 HP crate 360 for less than that. The mopar guys are nuts for asking that much just because it says hemi.

herre is a picture of it in my 92 daytona i converted to RWDImage
57HEMICUDA

Post by 57HEMICUDA »

For that kind of money you can buy a programable engine management system like Fast or AEM,buy a 300c intake from chrysler,and still have enough left over to build the trans. http://mysite.verizon.net/ls6ron/ [/img]
2SLO4U

Post by 2SLO4U »

mr fabrication wrote: herre is a picture of it in my 92 daytona

got any more pics of the daytona?
2003 1500 HEMI 2WD Laramie
1964 D100 426W High Performance Package
mr fabrication

Post by mr fabrication »

sure.Image ImageImage Image this is the conversion kit i use for converting the daytonas
Image this is the bottom of the reworked trunk floor.
mr fabrication

video of V8 daytona

Post by mr fabrication »

here is a video of me doing a burn out.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZrOz-9pHkM
mopardwh

Post by mopardwh »

mr fabrication wrote: street and performance offers the stand alone wiring harness for about $900 .then you can drop the motor in anything.they also offer the computer for $300 and can custom program it for you also for extra.
Got any links and/or part numbers for these???

Also, AWESOME Daytona!!! I'm trying to plan a RWD SRT4 swap into one.
Doug