anti theft disable

Discussion of the 5.7L-6.1L-6.4L HEMIs.

Moderator: scottm

capt'nben

anti theft disable

Post by capt'nben »

:o Has anyone here actually disabled the anti theft system, I'm building a 1948 ford f1 pickup on a 2004 durango Hemi chassis> I've shortened the chassis 5 inches and will soom be mounting the old ford truck body on it.
It is an AWD 5.7 chassis and I am going to retain the anti lock brake system but none of the body modules will be used.
My goal is to have a VERY stock appearing F1 pickup that looks like the one my Dad had back in the 50's, I learned to drive in that old truck so its a nastalga thing.
Any info that will help with the wiring would be appreciated, I've done several Ford 5.0 efi swaps and other than the anyi theft system this looks fairly strait forward.
Ben
HemiStude

theft disable

Post by HemiStude »

As far as I know, there is no way to disable the theft (skim) system once enabled. I put a hemi in my 53 stude and mistakenly used a doner truck, to program the pcm, that had theft. It did not work. After calling some of my friends at Chrysler, It was indicated that even they could not disable it.
I am not sure I believe them but for sure you and I cannot disable it in the field. I bought a new pcm and programmed it in a truck without Skim and it works fine.
I have heard, you can, if you are using a system that is from a vehicle that has skim, wire up the SKIM module and tape a programmed key to it.
ProstreetAMX

Post by ProstreetAMX »

I am in the process of installing a 2004 hemi into my Javelin. Unlike your project, I used the wiring harness and all the computers from the donar truck. I did deleat the ABS and The factory A/C controls. The ABS controler is Vin specific and if you do not use the dash with the computer in it, the ABS may not function. I am using the dash. pedals and steering wheel. Luckiely I don't think my truck has the key system but I have had to do lots of electrical mods. I purchased a pretty complete disc on Ebay that contains all the factory specs and diagrams that I needed to do this swap so far. I have a scan tool but I also have been told that some systems are not available to the end user. I only paid around $25 for the disc that has over 1400 pages of info.
Richard Payne
72 5.7 Hemi Javelin
Las Vegas
capt'nben

48 ford Hemi

Post by capt'nben »

:D Well after all this time, it's alive!!! this afternoon I fired up the 2004 durango/ 1948 Ford and it seems to run just fine. I used the guage cluster and the key transponder from the Durango and taped the key to the transponder and it worked. I now will remove all the unused wiring, Lights locks power windows factory air, air bag wiring ect. and install the aftermarket air lights radio and finish up the truck
Ben