5.7 hemi wiring harness

Discussion of the 5.7L-6.1L-6.4L HEMIs.

Moderator: scottm

hemijr

5.7 hemi wiring harness

Post by hemijr »

attempting to do my own. makes no sence not to use the factory harness. S & P is when you purchase theirs. In talking to them you need to idenify the power soarce leads, ground, fuel, start. I will use relay's to wire those in. I dont have Anti Theft and not using the auto trans, they say I dont need reprogram only if the tire combo and rear end change value's.

if I just cut my harness leads to the auto trans what would the computer think about the solinoids in the auto trans it thinks is there? should I tie some of the leads together and use jumpers?
I have a manual for the 04 dodge. hopefully I can identify what is what?
it is somewhat difficult to read some of the symbols.

has anyone done this yet?

any help in the right direction I would appreciate and will also pay you for your time, drawings, step by step ect.

email - o0jio@yahoo.com
capt'nben

Post by capt'nben »

I am building a 1950 ford F1 pickup. I have aquired a 2004 durango hemi chassis, I've shortened it to 114" to match the little Ford and will mount the ford body on the Dodge chassis.
I will use much of the factory harness but not the anti theft
Ben :P
hemijr

Post by hemijr »

capt'nben wrote:I am building a 1950 ford F1 pickup. I have aquired a 2004 durango hemi chassis, I've shortened it to 114" to match the little Ford and will mount the ford body on the Dodge chassis.
I will use much of the factory harness but not the anti theft
Ben :P
if your vin# shows anti-theft then you will need a key and the sccm module. the chrysler dealer will sell those to you with the service for around 250-300. your computer is programed with the vin# to relay back to the key and module I told. not sure if you can have that part of the main pcm reprogramed or not?