Anti theft & 5.7L hemi swap

Discussion of the 5.7L-6.1L-6.4L HEMIs.

Moderator: scottm

southsidehacker

Anti theft & 5.7L hemi swap

Post by southsidehacker »

I'm ready to start my swapped 04 ram 5.7hemi and trans, and it won't go... It ran when I cranked it the first three times and now it won't even crank. The pcm isn't providing a grnd signal to the starter relay during cranking. Has anyone else experienced this during the swap? This sounds like an anti-theft issue to me. Those of you who have swapped a 5.7 did you use the factory key, steering coulum, SKIM module? How did you wire it? Thank you
HEMICharger/Durango

Post by HEMICharger/Durango »

Anti theft will allow the engine to run for a few seconds then stall. No crank at all sounds like another issue.
Gary
1968 HEMI Charger R/T
2004 HEMI Durango SLT AWD
2005 Ford Mustang
2001 Honda FourTrax Rancher ES
Visit my site Bear Mountain Performance at http://www.bearmountainperformance.com
hemijr

Re: Anti theft & 5.7L hemi swap

Post by hemijr »

southsidehacker wrote:I'm ready to start my swapped 04 ram 5.7hemi and trans, and it won't go... It ran when I cranked it the first three times and now it won't even crank. The pcm isn't providing a grnd signal to the starter relay during cranking. Has anyone else experienced this during the swap? This sounds like an anti-theft issue to me. Those of you who have swapped a 5.7 did you use the factory key, steering coulum, SKIM module? How did you wire it? Thank you
in talking to a dealer they say that after the third time the computer will lock itself. you will have to take it to a chrysler dealer to have it re-flashed and to enter the vin #, if you dont have the key, then buy one from them and the sccm module which they will set up for you. that part is about 250-300 plus the flash cost. they will want your proff of purchace with the vin#.