Another HEMI to the Graveyard.....Maybe....

Discussion of the 5.7L-6.1L-6.4L HEMIs.

Moderator: scottm

Flannery

Another HEMI to the Graveyard.....Maybe....

Post by Flannery »

Well guys,
My truck was stolen from our local bowling alley on Friday 02/03/06. Whoever did it broke out the center back glass, then took it for a joyride. And go figure....Lost control of it (we are assumming) and buried the truck in a tree.....(atleast i pulled my aftermarket wheels off a few days beforehand for new tires) The bad part is we have no idea who did it, the airbags never went off, no blood in the truck, and no bullseye in the windshield...oh and they are NOT going to fingerprint the truck (statement from our lazy police depo, lol). I do have a address with pictures on it, then when i get my FTP site up i'll display some picture on here to look at. The insurance isn't sure if they are going to total it or not, first they say they were, and now they say they're going to fix it. But now it's at the body shop and they are tearing it down to further investigate the damage. So far the damage total from the adjuster is $10,200. Well see as the days come. I'll keep you all posted on the progress. :-?

And the link for a couple of photos..... http://spaces.msn.com/flannery82/photos/
2003 Ram 2wd RC/SW - 3.92 w/ LSD, CAI, TMR Disabled, Comp. Cams XFI-273 273/277 - .547/.550, BeeHive Springs, Gibson SuperTruck Exhaust, 3"/5" DJM Sus Drop
Flannery

Post by Flannery »

Well, even with the frame twisted between the bed and cab, the front IFS moved to the side and back, the engine pushed all the way back to the fire wall, and excess body and drivetrain work, they are still going to fix my truck, :o . I had added a few more pictures to the site where they started tearing the front of the truck down checking for more damage. It will not be until later on this week when they really start tearing down and get into the grit of things. I'll keep you guys posted on progress.

http://spaces.msn.com/flannery82/photos/
2003 Ram 2wd RC/SW - 3.92 w/ LSD, CAI, TMR Disabled, Comp. Cams XFI-273 273/277 - .547/.550, BeeHive Springs, Gibson SuperTruck Exhaust, 3"/5" DJM Sus Drop
Jay Carnes

Post by Jay Carnes »

Cool step by step pics. Truck took a good shot, but it looks like they did a great job putting it back together. I love the cowl hood.
project95rebuild2

Post by project95rebuild2 »

How do you like the truck with the drop? any rougher of a ride? just curious about that, since I dont like how far the back of the truck sits up! what did you use to drop it? thanks

-05 Reg Cab Hemi Ram (stock)
-98 Chevy Cavalier (for sale)
-95 2 door coupe neon (srt-4 swapp!)