APS Trans-Go Kit

Discussion of the 5.7L-6.1L-6.4L HEMIs.

Moderator: scottm

Bottom16

APS Trans-Go Kit

Post by Bottom16 »

Anyone put one of these on the 545RE transmission? Just looking to see if it's worth it to improve the shift. Any good, bad or ugly info would be great.
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited w/5.7L HEMI; Full AiRaid Cold Air Intake; Borla Cat-Back Exhaust
hemic03

Post by hemic03 »

It's suppose to be excellant! There was a rumor going around for us truck guys you couldn't use it with the sc program, but you can u just skip a set instead of it taking an hour and a half it's only 45min to an hour now.
Apsprecision has them instock. I might get it myself.
03 Dodge Ram Hemi Rcsb
3.55 LSD

Mods- 6.1 Cam with manley perforamnce parts, dynatech headers, motoblue underdrive pulley, Afe Cai, Gibson Super Truck exhaust, Superchips, electric exhaust cutout after cat.
Bottom16

Post by Bottom16 »

Thanks so much for the reply. I think I may have to look into it and get one.

BTW Did you notice any improvement witht he Motoblue Underdrive Pulleys?

Thanks!
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited w/5.7L HEMI; Full AiRaid Cold Air Intake; Borla Cat-Back Exhaust
rjmyer

moto blue pully

Post by rjmyer »

i had one on my 03' 1500 w/ 5.7 hemi.took it off though because it made all my accessaries take longer to charge,my a/c work harder and kill my battery life.the difference with or without was not wort the money i spent on it.
MEANGENE75

Post by MEANGENE75 »

so if you install the shift kit, ditch the superchips transmission tuning? i didnt know there was anything out there to improve the trans shifting (tuner). i started off with a jet module which i didnt like. then got the hypertech power programmer which to my suprise didnt include any trans tuning ability. have an 04 if it matters...
04 hemi, sc, sport, red, 3.92 posi, 22" wheels, flowmaster cat back, mopar long tube headers, srt 10 hood, mopar cod air,cold air duct, hypertech, ground force drop, sirius radio, momo sub, tint, 180 thermostat, silverstar lamps, mopar bed cover.