chip/vs programmer

Discussion of the 5.7L-6.1L-6.4L HEMIs.

Moderator: scottm

GONE1445

chip/vs programmer

Post by GONE1445 »

I was wondering out of all those programmers for my 2003 ram which one is the best also i was wondering if any one has the jet chip and if so is it good?? bad?? let me know(i have heard bad things about so called racing chips that just put the computer in pannic mode and causes it to run every thing full rich)

also can u use a programmer along with a chip??
2003 ram R/C bone stock for now mmmmmwwwaaahahahahahahhah
millers_ram

Post by millers_ram »

I have had the Hypertech programmer for my '04 Ram for a while and I can notice a power difference. Especially when I program it for 93 octane. I don't like the inline chips because you can't change the programming. I'm actually thinking of getting the new Superchips programmer because it allows you to change the shift points and firmness. I'm not sure if it's available for the '03 Rams, though. I do know the Hypertech controller is available for the 2003 models.
8intexas

Post by 8intexas »

Superchips is available for the 2003 RAM. I just bought one. I am still playing with it but so far so good.
GONE1445

Post by GONE1445 »

the main thing i am lookin for is more power i dont know if any one is better than the other for this ( i would think u can only get so much power from just messing with the computer) also i want to firm up the shifts because if i am crusin along near 2,000 rpm my trans will shift really bad like it stops half way through the shift and trys to go back then gose to the next gear any way ( i had a post about this before), here is the web site that i found some stuff tell me if u think these packages are a good deal and which one would u think is the best http://www.rpmoutlet.com/ramhemi.htm
SoCalHemi04

Post by SoCalHemi04 »

Hey Gone..go with the new Superchips...in the highest settings but be sure to add $10 worth of a high quality octane booster to every tank! :wink:
GONE1445

Post by GONE1445 »

i think i will go with the super chips but why do i gotta add octane booster cant u use 93 octane pump gas