Hemi ram-to-SRT10

Discussion of the 5.7L-6.1L-6.4L HEMIs.

Moderator: scottm

GONE1445

Hemi ram-to-SRT10

Post by GONE1445 »

I noticed that a lot of the stuff from the srt-10 will bolt right on the hemi ram (ie body kit rims) but i was also wondering if things like the brakes and rotors will fit also how hard would it be to drop a venom v-10 in it??
2003 ram R/C bone stock for now mmmmmwwwaaahahahahahahhah
cwmartin

SRT-10 Brakes

Post by cwmartin »

Good question. I am interested in the brakes myself too. Depending on how expensive the dealer will be the only other option I found for brake upgrades for the Ram is the stuff from Stainless Steel Brake. I was thinking of just upgrading the rotors to a bit larger and leaving the calipers. Caliper upgrades are were the largest part of the money is and SSB has adapters to make the stock calipers fit the new rotors.
GONE1445

Post by GONE1445 »

any one else know how much different the v-10 in the srt-10 mounts are compared to the hemi(just curious) i was lookin at the way my hemi is mounted and i noticed how far back it is pushed and wondered if the v-10 just added 2 cyl to the front and sat in basically the same spot with the same or similar mounts?? also is the v-10 in the srt-10 ram the same basic block as older generation viper motors i see them with trans and every thing for like 7 grand on ebay (that ain't a bad price to have a ram srt-10)
GONE1445

Post by GONE1445 »

any one there or what??
Noid

Post by Noid »

The SRT brakes are NOT interchangable. You will need new spindles, lines, brake master etc... Your better off buying a baer or Brembo kit.