Newbie with a question on IDing my HEMI

Help with decoding your Hemi engine.

Moderators: scottm, TrWaters, 392heminut

Wild Thang

Newbie with a question on IDing my HEMI

Post by Wild Thang »

Well 1st. of all would like to say hello. would like to know if I can get some help IDing this HEMI motor I just picked up the other day?The guy I picked up from told me it was a Chrysler Marine 354 but on the front off the block was written with a sharpy 331 STD. This is my 1st HEMI so I know very little on these motor's I did try to look up the number's on the net I found on the block but no luck. Here is the number's on the block I found:1330129-1 .B54. CWC and the intake it came I know won't work due to both heads were ported BIG time. I bought the motor complete but was all taken apart and put in crate's so if any of you could help me out here that would help me out alote.
Thanks you
8) [/img]
George

Post by George »

It's a "short tail" '54 331. Should be a code on a pad in front of the valley cover also.
Wild Thang

Thanks

Post by Wild Thang »

Thanks George for the much needed info help now I know what parts to buy and I looked in front by the vally cover and couldn't find any number's there?
Thanks
Jose
George

Post by George »

Sometimes the pad is blank/illedgeble. If you don't have it, pick up Tex Smith's Hemi Book by Ron Ceradono.